Monster movie fans will be excited to hear that September 16th, 2014 will mark the arrival of the new Warner Home Video Blu-ray 3D release for Godzilla 3D.
The film is a reboot of the Godzilla film franchise and retells the origins of Godzilla in modern times.
The film originally began production in 2004 as an IMAX short film, but after several years in development it was transferred to Legendary Pictures for development as a feature.
The cast includes Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Sally Hawkins, David Strathairn and Bryan Cranston.
Godzilla 3D was directed by Gareth Edwards, who previously directed Monsters.
The film has a strong critical reception, with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 74% and an IMDb score of 7.1/10.
Godzilla 3D did well in the cinema, reaching $136.3M at the US box office.
Planned features for the disc include a stereo MVC 1080p video encode presented with a lossless 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound track.
A number of behind the scenes featurettes are also planned for this release.
The retail price is $44.95, and you can pre-order it from Amazon for $29.99, saving 33%!
Alternatively you can add it to your Blu-rayStats Wishlist.
- MONARCH: Declassified – Discover explosive new evidence not contained in the film that unravels the massive cover-up to keep Godzilla’s existence a secret.
- Operation: Lucky Dragon
- MONARCH: The M.U.T.O. File
- The Godzilla Revelation
- The Legendary Godzilla – Go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast for an even deeper look at the larger than life monsters in the film.
- Godzilla: Force of Nature
- A Whole New Level Of Destruction
- Into The Void: The H.A.L.O. Jump
- Ancient Enemy: The M.U.T.O.s
In this gritty, realistic sci-fi action epic, Godzilla returns to its roots as one of the world’s most recognized monsters. Directed by Gareth Edwards and featuring an all-star international cast, this spectacular adventure pits Godzilla against malevolent creatures that, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.