Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 in 3D has just been announced by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment for release on Blu-ray 3D January 28th, 2014.
This computer-animated comic science fiction film is the sequel to the 2009 film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was loosely based on Judi and Ron Barrett’s book.
In this sequel the food machine awakens and produces sentient food monsters that threaten the world.
The voice cast includes Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Benjamin Bratt, Terry Crews and Will Forte.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 in 3D was directed by Cody Cameron. who made Open Season 3, along with Kris Pearn.
The movie was mostly well received by critics with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 70% and an IMDb score of 6.5/10.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 in 3D was popular in the cinema, taking in $114.5M at the US box office.
Planned features for the disc include a stereo MVC 1080p encode presented at 2.40:1 with lossless 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on a disc coded for All Regions.
A collection of mini movies, audio commentary, featurettes and a music video are also planned.
The retail price is $45.99, or pre-order it from Amazon for $41.39, saving 10%!
Alternatively you can add it to your Blu-rayStats Wishlist.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear Mini Movie – Flint’s mischievous gummi bear grows to 50-feet by using his new food-modifying invention while Steve is in charge. Steve must frantically chase the gummi bear and transform him back to normal size before Flint returns to the lab.
- Steve’s First Bath Mini Movie – Flint’s failed date with Sam is because of Steve’s mischievous ways.
- Super Manny Mini Movie – Manny, the Jack of all trades, saves an adorable kitty with his many skills.
- Earl Scouts Mini Movie – The Foodimals join Earl’s scouting program but are very competitive.
- Deleted Scenes
- Filmmaker Commentary with directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn
- Anatomy of a Foodimal – Flamangos, Cheesespiders, Hippotatomuses! Oh my! Sit down with filmmakers to discuss the inspiration behind these wacky food-animal hybrids that have taken over Swallow Falls, and chat with the gang to find out how they came up with the Food-imal’s creative and amusing names.
- Production Design: Back in the Kitchen – Where do you go after it rains cheeseburgers all over Swallow Falls? Back to the kitchen of course! Hear from filmmakers Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn on how they came up with stories and jokes for the film.
- Awesome End Credits – Dive into the end credit sequence with the filmmakers and discover how they used a mix of 3D, 2D, stop motion and live action.
- Cloudy Café: Who’s On the Menu? – Hear from newcomers Will Forte and Kristen Schaal about what drew them (pun intended) to this animated feature and how they ‘discovered’ the voices of Chester V and Barb. Then, sit down with Terry Crews, as he steps into the pair of size 12 shoes left by Mr. T to portray Officer Earl Devereaux. Plus, hear from all your returning favorites including Anna Ferris and Bill Hader.
- Building the Foodimals – Animators discuss creating and animating the foodimals.
- The Sasquash – Exploring all the places in the film that the sneaky Sasquash is hiding.
- Delicious Production Design – Animators discuss the design of the film
- Cody Simpson ‘La Da Dee’ Music Video & Making of the video featurette
Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he had saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention – a machine that turned water into food, resulting in cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and it is now combining food and animals to create “foodimals!” Flint and his friends embark on an adventurously mouth-watering mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheesepiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!